Thursday, January 21, 2010

***FOCUS***

I realized today that I haven't done an update blog on my goals or  life in general in a while, so here it is for your viewing pleasure!

But FIRST!!!
I got a really great present that I wanted to share... related to my word of the year.
I am just so excited! Trish made this gem for me.  See how pretty?



This came in a frame as part of a gift basket full of goodies like scented oil and diffuser reeds, scented lotion, candles placed on a plate with some zen looking rocks...  Everything followed the theme, it was so cool!  I know, I know... a picture says a thousand words... 


The card explains that brown is the color for concentration and study and that the scents and colors of jasmine, amber and eucalyptus are believed to promote "FOCUS".  Everything is centered around the theme of Focus.  This is just too cool and very personal!  I've got all kinds of meditative, visual and sensual aids to help me on my quest to achieve greater 'Focus' this year.  Thanks for the Very Perfect gift from Trish and Family.  Wow!! I am humbled.  They love me so much! 

- Focus on Weight Loss  I've been working on the major goal to Lose 53 pounds by Valentines Day of this year to reach goal of 140.   I started the year out at 152.3 (Week 47) and am down 4.8 pounds so far this year.  I have 7.5 pounds to go to reach goal and have 4 more weekly weigh-ins to go. 
** I'm on track.  This is still very acheivable!!!

I'm counting this as a HUGE ACHEIVEMENT and a SUCCESS whether I hit the date or not though.  I am so ready to be there, to just be able to check it off the list so to speak.  One more sprint and then I can work on maintenance and break out with some fun healthy recipes and some cool active hobbies, no doubt.   So I'm looking forward to the slight shift in focus, accomplishing maintaining my new healthy weight.   I maintained around 150 pretty good for a good long time recently, (even though that wasn't really what I was going for...) so I feel good about what I need to do.  Happy to be down, and happier still in another 7.5 pounds.

- Focus on Fitness  Workout those CORE Muscles:  I am on hold for the Whittle My Middle Challenge.  I can't be doing too much in the way of strength training just yet.  Probably a week or two after I hit my target weight, I'll work on this.  Right now the focus is on Cardio health and overall strength training. Healthy FIT body here I come.
How am I doing? Well these are the CDC's recommendations for 
 Adults (aged 18–64)
  • Adults should do 2 hours and 30 minutes a week of moderate-intensity, or 1 hour and 15 minutes (75 minutes) a week of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity, or an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity. Aerobic activity should be performed in episodes of at least 10 minutes, preferably spread throughout the week.
  • Additional health benefits are provided by increasing to 5 hours (300 minutes) a week of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity, or 2 hours and 30 minutes a week of vigorous-intensity physical activity, or an equivalent combination of both.
  • Adults should also do muscle-strengthening activities that involve all major muscle groups performed on 2 or more days per week.
One thing that has changed for me is that I actually WANT to exercise these days.  This is a major shift in attitude for me.

I have been doing "ok" with my Cardio  (60 minutes a week, roughly) and haven't been getting to  strength training at all.   So far this week I have 45 minutes total between the two days I've exercised.  Kaylee is taking a Fitness for Life class online and I'm playing along.  So far, so good.

Looking forward my immediate Focus is to see an improvement from the 2-3 cardio days and 0 strength days that I'm doing now.  Any improvement here will be SO COOL!!  Eventual goal would be to have the minimum exercises in on a consistent basis week to week.


- Focus on Healthy Eating... I'm loving my new books by Tosca Reno.  I find it all very inspiring and I love the focus on REAL food.  If you prepare your meals rather then picking them up at a restaurant or heating them up from frozen, then you're most of the way there.  I'm looking forward to getting my 6 meals a day on MAINTENANCE and trying TONS of new recipes.
So these are what I have so far...  I've read the main book (the first one here) three times already. 

This one's more of a journal, or log for eating...  with tips.


I have only browsed through this... It's on my "to do" list.
 
I just got her new cookbook for my birthday and I've nearly read it front to back...  LOVE LOVE LOVE my Birthday Present! Thanks to Kaylee, Kenzie and Dennis for paying attention to what I might like. Good gifting!!
 

Having all of these books do not indicate an obsession by the way, it's called FOCUS!  and I'm allowed.  :)

Focus on Finances:   Ummm.... I still WANT to be debt free, but I've made plenty of decisions last year that really demonstrate a lack of focus on the goal.   I'm afraid to run the numbers, frankly.  However, 2010's word is going to remind me to stay on track and give this the attention and make debt reduction the "central point as of attraction, attention and activity".  DAMN CHEEEEETAHHHHHH!!!!



I'm really enjoying iced tea in my new Iced Tea Maker with the "fancy teas" I picked up from Spoons & Spice with my Birthday money from Bea. I got a roobios (red) chai tea and a white green tea mix....

So far I have only tried the Rooibos Tea. I've sweetened Three quarts of Tea with three packets of Stevia and also had it unsweetened. Both ways are amazing. I had to learn to wrap my loose tea leaves in filters. It doesn't quite work the same as coffee grounds in a coffee filter... clogged up my machine pretty good with the second batch. :P

Also I'm trying to get ready for yet another week out of town...  Atlanta, Here I come!!! If anyone can find a legitimate way to expense a 90 minute massage for $190 let me know.  I would love to run the details past my boss who knows that I deserve the massage and would never begrudge spending company money on such an important necessity.  ;)

Well that's it.... Is it bad that I talked about so many different things?  Not really a focused post...  but it feels good to get everything "blogged" so to speak.  Thanks for reading!!

3 comments:

Trish said...

First, Yes we do love you. Very much. you're important to our family. :) And I'm glad you liked your gift.

I have to say that I am impressed by your focus on the weight loss. I'm lazy and just ask for a formula and follow it. :P But you really dig in there and get to the nuts and bolts. That is impressive! I'm excited to see you hit your Valentine's Day (or near it) goal. We should throw a party!

And the exercise? I'm sure you won't be surprised when I say, yet again, that you're kicking my butt there. I don't know why I can't focus on getting back to the gym. There are just about a thousand things I'd rather do and not many of them are more important. Share some focus with me on that when you get a chance. LOL

I'll be thinking about the massage. If I come up with a way for you to slide it past, I'll let you know.
Have a safe trip!

Trish said...

Oh! And about the damn cheetah....just keep RUNNNINGG!!!!!

Amy said...

I love your Birthday Gift! That was so sweet and thoughtful.

I am waiting on my cookbook so I can go throught it and get some new ideas. After my 10 lb gain over the holidays I am finally back to where I was. Thank goodness. I can not believe how I eat so much.

I know you will do so good in Atlanta. After talking with you, YOU are so ready.

I miss you!! I am so proud of everything you are accomplishing.

The big plunge...

Starting Weight 193.8
Week 1 194.2 - +.4
W- 2 190.2 - -4.0
W- 3 186.4 - -3.8
W- 4 186.2 - -0.2
W- 5 184.0 - -2.2
W- 6 184.5 - +0.5
W- 7 185.0 - -0.5
W- 8 183.2 - -1.8
W- 9 180.0 - -3.2
W- 10 183.2 - +3.2
W- 11 179.0 - -4.2
W- 12 177.1 - -1.9
W- 13 175.1 - -2.0
W- 14 171.6 - -3.5
W- 15 169.9 - -1.7
W- 16 168.4 - -1.5
W- 17 165.4 - -3.0
W- 18 161.9 - -3.5
W- 19 165.4 - +3.0
W- 20 163.0 - -2.4
W- 21 165.8 - +2.8
W- 22 162.0 - -3.8
W- 23 159.8 - +0.4
W- 24 158.0 - -2.7
W-k 25 156.4 - -1.6
W- 26 154.3 - -2.1
W- 27 153.9 - -0.4
W- 28 152.0 - -1.9
August 30, 2009
W- 29 149.9 - -2.1
W- 30 147.7 - -2.2
W- 31 147.1 - -0.6
W- 32 149.5 - +2.4
W- 33 151.3 - +1.8
W- 34 150.2 - -1.1
W- 35 150.8 - +0.6
W- 36 150.3 - -0.5
W- 37 149.1 - -1.2
W- 38 149.8 - +0.7
W- 39 150.1 +0.3
W- 40 156.3 +6.2
W- 41 153.3 -3.0
W- 42 152.6 -0.7
W- 43 152.6 -0.0
W- 44 150.7 -1.9
W- 45 152.4 +1.7
W- 46 153.0 +0.6
W- 47 152.3 +0.7
W- 48 150.1 -2.2

W- 49 147.5 -2.6
W- 50 146.3 -1.2
...
...
W- 53 151.0 +2.0
W- 54 149.3 -1.7
W- 55 144.9 -4.4
W- 56 144.1 -0.8
W- 57 140.0 lbs. Goal!!!!