I got a really great present that I wanted to share... related to my word of the year.
I am just so excited! Trish made this gem for me. See how pretty?
The card explains that brown is the color for concentration and study and that the scents and colors of jasmine, amber and eucalyptus are believed to promote "FOCUS". Everything is centered around the theme of Focus. This is just too cool and very personal! I've got all kinds of meditative, visual and sensual aids to help me on my quest to achieve greater 'Focus' this year. Thanks for the Very Perfect gift from Trish and Family. Wow!! I am humbled. They love me so much!
- Focus on Weight Loss I've been working on the major goal to Lose 53 pounds by Valentines Day of this year to reach goal of 140. I started the year out at 152.3 (Week 47) and am down 4.8 pounds so far this year. I have 7.5 pounds to go to reach goal and have 4 more weekly weigh-ins to go.
** I'm on track. This is still very acheivable!!!
I'm counting this as a HUGE ACHEIVEMENT and a SUCCESS whether I hit the date or not though. I am so ready to be there, to just be able to check it off the list so to speak. One more sprint and then I can work on maintenance and break out with some fun healthy recipes and some cool active hobbies, no doubt. So I'm looking forward to the slight shift in focus, accomplishing maintaining my new healthy weight. I maintained around 150 pretty good for a good long time recently, (even though that wasn't really what I was going for...) so I feel good about what I need to do. Happy to be down, and happier still in another 7.5 pounds.
- Focus on Fitness Workout those CORE Muscles: I am on hold for the Whittle My Middle Challenge. I can't be doing too much in the way of strength training just yet. Probably a week or two after I hit my target weight, I'll work on this. Right now the focus is on Cardio health and overall strength training. Healthy FIT body here I come.
How am I doing? Well these are the CDC's recommendations for
Adults (aged 18–64)
- Adults should do 2 hours and 30 minutes a week of moderate-intensity, or 1 hour and 15 minutes (75 minutes) a week of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity, or an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity. Aerobic activity should be performed in episodes of at least 10 minutes, preferably spread throughout the week.
- Additional health benefits are provided by increasing to 5 hours (300 minutes) a week of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity, or 2 hours and 30 minutes a week of vigorous-intensity physical activity, or an equivalent combination of both.
- Adults should also do muscle-strengthening activities that involve all major muscle groups performed on 2 or more days per week.
I have been doing "ok" with my Cardio (60 minutes a week, roughly) and haven't been getting to strength training at all. So far this week I have 45 minutes total between the two days I've exercised. Kaylee is taking a Fitness for Life class online and I'm playing along. So far, so good.
Looking forward my immediate Focus is to see an improvement from the 2-3 cardio days and 0 strength days that I'm doing now. Any improvement here will be SO COOL!! Eventual goal would be to have the minimum exercises in on a consistent basis week to week.
- Focus on Healthy Eating... I'm loving my new books by Tosca Reno. I find it all very inspiring and I love the focus on REAL food. If you prepare your meals rather then picking them up at a restaurant or heating them up from frozen, then you're most of the way there. I'm looking forward to getting my 6 meals a day on MAINTENANCE and trying TONS of new recipes.
So these are what I have so far... I've read the main book (the first one here) three times already.
Having all of these books do not indicate an obsession by the way, it's called FOCUS! and I'm allowed. :)
Focus on Finances: Ummm.... I still WANT to be debt free, but I've made plenty of decisions last year that really demonstrate a lack of focus on the goal. I'm afraid to run the numbers, frankly. However, 2010's word is going to remind me to stay on track and give this the attention and make debt reduction the "central point as of attraction, attention and activity". DAMN CHEEEEETAHHHHHH!!!!
Also I'm trying to get ready for yet another week out of town... Atlanta, Here I come!!! If anyone can find a legitimate way to expense a 90 minute massage for $190 let me know. I would love to run the details past my boss who knows that I deserve the massage and would never begrudge spending company money on such an important necessity. ;)
Well that's it.... Is it bad that I talked about so many different things? Not really a focused post... but it feels good to get everything "blogged" so to speak. Thanks for reading!!